• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland




    General information


    Poland is a part of the Schengen zone - a territory with no controls on internal borders. Schengen Member States apply uniform rules to entry and short stays (i.e. not exceeding 90 day) in their territories. The rules for long-term stays (over 90 days) are laid out in respective national legislations.


    In order to enter into the territory of Poland, third-country citizens need to present:


    • a valid passport or another travel document recognized by Polish authorities;

    • a visa, if required;

    • in case of transit through the territory of Poland to a third country - a valid entry permit or residence permit in that third country, if required.


    They also need to meet following conditions:


    • justify the purpose and the conditions of the journey, have sufficient means of subsistence for the intended stay as well as for return to the country of residence or for transit to a third country where the person is sure to be admitted, or to be able to legally obtain the above-mentioned means (generally, the required amount is 100.00 PLN per day - ca. 30.00 EUR per day);

    • they are not persons for whom an alert in the Schengen Information System has been issued for the purpose of refusing them entry;

    • they are not considered to be a threat to public policy internal security, public health or international relations of any of the Schengen Member States.


    Foreigners entering the territory of Poland should have a medical insurance for the whole period of the intended stay. Moreover, all persons entering or leaving the territory of Poland or another Member State of the European Union, need to declare to customs the fact of possessing financial means exceeding 10,000 EUR in total (cash, shares, state bonds, travel cheques etc.). In general, undertaking paid activity in Poland by a foreigner, irrespectively of the intended length of stay, requires a working permit which has to be obtained in advance at a competent Province Office (administrative authority of a province). Original of the permit has to be filed with the visa application. Border control officers have the sole right to decide on allowing third-country citizens into the territory of Poland. This applies to the third-country nationals exempt of the short-stay visa requirement as well as to those travelling with a visa issued by a Polish consular authority.


    Types of visas


    1. A uniform visa (Schengen, short-stay visa) - for an intended stay in the territory of Poland (or all Schengen Member States) which does not exceed 3 months in each half-year from the date of first entry or if you need to transit through the Schengen territory to another third country.


    2. A uniform visa entitles its holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen Member States, provided that the bearer fulfils the Schengen entry conditions. In exceptional cases, the territorial validity of a short-stay visa may be limited to one or some Schengen Member States, which makes it a Limited Territorial Validity Visa, a LTV).


    3. A national visa (long-stay, domestic visa) - for an intended stay in the territory of Poland of more than 3 months. A national visa entitles its holder to stay no more than a year in the territory of the state which issued it. If you intend to stay longer than a year, you need to apply for a resident permit once in the territory of the country whose authorities granted the visa (where applicable). Holders of residence permits or long-stay visas are entitled to travel within the territory of the Schengen Member States for a period of 3 months in each half-year without the need to apply for and additional short term visa.


    4. An airport transit visa (ATV) - a visa required from nationals of some third countries, whose travel itinerary to a third country requires passing through the international transit area of the airport situated in the territory of Poland and where the person does not intend to leave the transit area (e.g. a connecting flight). ATV holders are entitled to stay within the international transit area of the airport for a maximum of two days . An ATV does not entitle to leave the international transit area of the airport. A full list of third countries whose nationals must hold an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit areas of airports situated in the territory of Schengen Member States is HERE.


    Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Amman (Consular Department) is competent to decide on applications for:


    1. A uniform visa, if the third-country nationals legally resides in our jurisdiction and Poland is: the sole or main travel destination in the Schengen zone or the first Schengen Member State whose external border the applicant intends to cross where it is impossible to establish the main purpose of the journey or in the case of transit;


    2. An airport transit visa, when the applicant form whom such a visa is required, intends to pass through the international transit area of a Polish airport;


    3. A national visa for a stay in Poland.


    Formal visa requirements


    All documents have to be submitted in originals, accompanied by a set of copies. The originals are only form inspection purposes and will be returned to the applicant.

    Print Print Share: